Zi Lin: Understanding and Treating Urinary Syndrome in Pregnancy
Zi Lin, or Urinary Syndrome in pregnancy, is a condition that includes symptoms such as frequency, pain, and urgency of urination.
The etiology of this condition may be caused by:
- Emotional problems such as anger, worry, frustration, resentment, and hatred
- Irregular diet
- Excessive sexual activity during pregnancy
The pathology of urinary problems in pregnancy is usually related to Heat, which can manifest as Full-Heat or Empty-Heat.
Identification of Patterns and Treatment
The patterns of Urinary Syndrome in pregnancy include:
- Damp-Heat in the Bladder
- Kidney-Yin deficiency and Empty-Heat
Treatment principles include:
- Draining Heart-Fire and Small Intestine-Fire
- Clearing Heat in the Bladder
- Calming the fetus
- Resolving Dampness
- Promoting urination
- Nourishing Kidney-Yin
- Clearing Empty-Heat
Western Medicine Viewpoint
Western medicine has limited options for treating Urinary Syndrome in pregnancy, but acupuncture and herbal medicine can be effective. It is important to err on the side of caution when using herbs during pregnancy.