Fever Before or During Periods: Causes and Pathology
Fever is a common symptom before or during periods, but it can also occur after them. This article explores the potential causes and underlying pathology of fever during periods.
Fever before or during periods can have various causes, including:
- Emotional stress, such as anger, resentment, or frustration, which can lead to Liver-Qi stagnation and turn into Fire
- Overwork and having too many children too close together, which can cause Yin deficiency and Empty-Heat
- Chronic illness and excessive physical work, which can cause Qi and Blood deficiency and disharmony between Nutritive and Defensive Qi
- Abdominal surgery, such as a hysterectomy or ovariectomy, which can cause Blood stasis and Heat
The main pathological factors leading to a feeling of heat or fever at period times are:
- Kidney- and Liver-Yin deficiency with Empty-Heat
- Qi and Blood deficiency with disharmony of Nutritive and Defensive Qi
- Blood stasis with Heat
Treatment for fever during periods may involve using herbs to tonify Qi and the Original Qi, or to clear Heat and resolve Blood stasis. It is important to consult with a healthcare professional to determine the most appropriate treatment plan.